Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))

Crusader III with MTM gearboxes and METEL TRACKS
Photo 

Now after gaining experience with the MTM gearbox installation in 3 models, I am starting the build of my favorite Tank, The Crusader III. I am starting a fresh model with is build. I have a desert tan Crusader new in the box and it will be the next to get MTM gearboxes using 3 assembly techniques that I came up with that suits my RRC modeling requirements.

1. Stronger axle assembly that allows Poly and Metal tracks (to a point, not all Poly or Metal tracks)
2. Gearbox black plastic covers need to be removable for service\repair\motor swap of GB if needed.
3 Simple 1 screw mount that has a "pivot function" that can act as a dynamic track tension.

I will be explaining these build techniques in this thread. And this Tank build will also include Friulmodel metal ITL tracks. The tracks for the Crusader II are very narrow and small compared to most other Tanks and I believe they will work with the modified axle assembly in the MTM gearbox.

[Image: file.php?id=104146&mode=view]
Friualmodel metal tracks that will be used in this build

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v...1685#p3316

[Image: file.php?id=104152&mode=view]

20 METAL ITL's and counting
Répondre

Got one side of the Friulmetal tracks assembled and installed on the left side of the Crusader. I am using this model to size the tracks. The MTM Desert Tan version will be using these these metal tracks as well.

[Image: file.php?id=104228&mode=view]
Répondre

Got one side of the Friulmetal tracks assembled and installed on the left side of the Crusader. I am using this tanks to size the tracks. The MTM Desert Tan version will be using these tracks as well.

Thats right, MTM gearbox driving metal tracks!

Minimum "track sag"
[Image: file.php?id=104227]

Maximum "trank sag"
[Image: file.php?id=104229]
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)